Flexible Learning Enrolment Strategy in Schools:
Flexible Learning Option (FLO) is an enrolment strategy available in most Department for Education schools. It allows for a flexible approach to supporting young people most at risk of disengaging from school.
A FLO enrolment supports delivery of:
- Individualised learning pathways based on the students own educational and employment goals
- The support of a case manager for the entirety of the FLO enrolment
- Access to community based learning centres where available and applicable
- Support for employment of specific learning achievements (e.g. fork lift licence)
The long-term goal of FLO is for all students to achieve their SACE or equivalent and make a successful transition to further education and employment.
Individualised learning pathways are identified which reflect the student’s skills, interests and aspirations and may take place:
- Full-time or part-time at school
- Through vocational courses or through a registered training organisation (RTO)
- Within a non-government youth agency, independent learning centre or community-based program provider
- Through a work placement with an employer
In 2019 Findon High School will be offering a two day SACE program for students in our new Independent Learning Centre (ILC). Subjects offered in this program include:
- Stage 1 Personal learning Plan
- Stage 1 Literacy
- Stage 1 Numeracy
- Stage 1 Workplace Practices
- Stage 2 Research Project
These subjects combined with optional onsite school subjects or VET programs, will allow students to achieve their SACE in a modified and flexible working environment.
Please contact the school to learn more about our FLO Program.