STUDENT LEADERSHIP AT FINDON HIGH SCHOOL
At Findon High School we place a high value on students experiencing leadership opportunities during their education. It is through these experiences that the art of building effective relationships with teams, defining identities and achieving tasks successfully can be acquired.
With the re-introduction of Prefects after a 40-year hiatus, and the revamping of the Student Representative Council, students are being offered the vehicle to genuinely have a say in improving Findon High School.
The framework of student leadership at Findon High School encompasses:
- Leadership in action
- Leadership style
- Team culture
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Resolving conflict
- Understanding and managing change
How does Findon High School aim to achieve this?
- We assume responsibility for serving others in order to achieve the mission of the school
- We attempt to lead by example and encourage others to develop positively as individuals
- We embrace the highest standards of loyalty, service and integrity, and act in a manner consistent with the tradition and values of our school
- We look for student leaders who will be authentic, who will listen to people and who are passionate about serving others and their school community
- We admire those who can personalise the collective experience for all of us.
Students at Findon High School have the opportunity to experience leadership through the following opportunities:
- Formal positions such as House Captain and Prefect
- Achieving success with friends and peers in the classroom, on the sporting field and on the stage
- Striving to embody the values of the school for which we stand.
Findon High School has now selected the Student Leadership Team for 2019. They are a passionate and committed group of young people, of integrity and principle who will continue the fine tradition of student leadership at our school.